Wednesday 4 June 2014

Business Plan

The project that I will focus on doing is releasing an E.P. My target audience will be everyone of all ages and I can keep people updated via social networks e.g. twitter and facebook. I can also upload short previews on music sharing websites like soundcloud to show people of what is yet to come. Before I start making an E.P I can let people know that I am working on new material for a new product, then this way people will know that I am going to create new music that people will want to hear.

The styles of music that will be on my E.P are Soul, RnB, Ambient, Hip Hop and Rap. I will probably involve some instrumentalists on some of my tracks because they can provide good instrumental playing and I want to include some live instruments in some of my tracks because the music will sound more real. I want to involve mainly guitarists because they can provided very good instrumental playing for genres like Soul and RnB. For the other styles I can use midi instruments on daws such as logic, fl studio, etc. For artwork, I can look at some official websites of graphic designers and if I like their work I can contact them an see if they would be interested in making cover art for me. I can also discuss a reasonable price for it. This shows that I am serious about making a good E.P and it shows that I want to be recognised by loads of people. It also shows me being a serious musician that doesn't waste time when it comes to music.

If I have a good idea for a track that goes well with my E.P I can upload a short demo of it onto soundcloud and from there I can share onto facebook and twitter to so I can find out people's opinions on it. If I get positive feedback I can continue to compose the whole track and once it's finished I can mix and master it and then I can ask someone in or out of college to sing or rap on it. This is a great way for me tow network with musicians and advertise what I am currently making. If I didn't do this then not many people would know about my music. So it is always important for a musician to advertise his/her work. If my track involves recording live instruments I can ask a instrumentalist to play the chords or notes on the instrument. For example if I wanted a live guitar recorded I can ask a guiatrist I know to play the chord sequence or the melody and if I like the sound of the guitar I can record it onto logic. The tracks I will make for my E.P will not always have audio tracks, they might be tracks with midi instruments only. It's good to use a variety a combination of audio and midi when making tracks because it shows that the track a producer is making wants to make the track sound as good as possible. In my opinion live instruments make music sound more realistic and it gives the track good imagination. An E.P is meant to have 4-5 tracks.

The next thing I will need to think about is a release date and someone to create my artwork. E.P do take some time to make. If a producer wants his E.P to be a brilliant success he will need to spend good quality time on composing ideas that sound good to him. Producing a good track takes quality time to make because a good track is made using imagination and thought. Also, once a track is fully structured an complete it will need to be mixed and mastered. I have learned how mixing and mastering works so it won't be a problem for me to do it by myself. So in theory it would take about 2-3 months to make produce and engineer a full E.P. This is more than enough time to make an E.P brilliant. For artwork, I can look at some offical websites of graphic designers and if I like his/her work I can contact him/her to make an E.P cover for me. If payment is involved I can disuss a reasonable price.

If I do everything that is required I will be able to make my E.P successful not only for me but for the people that are listening to it. This shows that I am serious about making good quality material for people to listen to and it also shows that I am putting a lot of thought and effort in making a track sound brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment