Saturday 9 November 2013

Marketing Yourself

My chosen professions are being a music producer and DJ. In order for me to get my chosen professions I would need to market myself first. I can use Soundcloud and Youtube to upload my instrumentals and live sets, I can share them on my music facebook page and twitter so that I can get more people to listen to my stuff and get recognized more. I can create business cards for people to contact me about any music inquiries such as touring, performing live, etc. I can use Itunes and Beatport to sell my music on and I can get someone to create fliers for me. This will help me make money for my music and promote me with any live events that I will be performing at.

With all these things listed above it will help to get recognized more and more because I am marketing myself and my music. It is essential that a musician has all these marketing materials or otherwise they will not be able to get recognized. However I will need qualifications and experience as well. I will need qualifications in music technology and production, sound engineering, English and maths. These things are vital to have because if I or a future musician does not have any of these things it will be difficult for the person to get a job in the music industry. If I or a future musician has good qualifications and plenty of experience he/she can put all the details on his/her CV and it will be easier for him/her to get a job in the music industry.

I will also need to have previous experience. This includes producing music in the past, playing live as a DJ and knowing what a sound engineer is and what they do. I will need to be organised as well. For example if I have been accepted to DJ live at the O2 arena I will need to know:

What genres of music is going to be played
How long the set is going to be
What time I have to be there
What equipment I will need
When the date of the event is
Backing tracks for singers/rappers

If I have all these things listed it will make it easier for me to make the event go according  to plan and the event will be a major success, everyone will have a good time and more events like this will be hosted more and more and the host would very happy for me to perform live again.

No comments:

Post a Comment