Monday 15 June 2015

Event Planning

Me and Jay organised an event to take place at Westminister Kingsway College and this event was for raising money for the 'Amy Winehouse Foundation'. Before the event took place we needed to book the venue, a date for the event, equipment list, refreshments and posters. Without this list of things the event would've not happened. So it was important for us to make sure we had everything we needed. We decided the event should take place in college on the 3rd June from 12pm - 2pm. So me and Jay spoke to Wendy who is in charge of booking the college for events and told her about how important it was for us to book the college for this assignment. The next thing we did is create and print out 40 posters and hang them up around Kings Cross and inside the college building so that people know about event and know when to come. This was a good way of advertising our event.

The next thing we had to do is give a tech spec to Grant. Before we gave a tech spec to Grant we had to make sure everything we needed was on the tech spec or otherwise things will have gone wrong. So we made sure all the equipment was on the tech spec before sending it Grant. However, we had to send the tech spec to him a week in advance and we sent to him much later. So this was a false error but we managed to get the equipment on the day of the event.

On the day of the event we brought 11 bottles of cola and 200 plastic cups but one of them was going to be used for donations. We used 1 cup for donations and 50+ cups to serve coca cola to people. As we were doing this me and Jay spoke to some people offering them a free cup of cola and asking them to make a small donation for charity and we explained to them why we were hosting this event. On the day of the event it was Jay's responsibility to bring all the equipment that was needed for setting up the decks and it was my responsibility to bring my memory stick and help Jay with setting up the decks. If I didn't have my memory stick with me I wouldn't be able to play music and if I didn't help Jay with setting up it would've taken longer for him to set everything up.

After setting all the equipment up and applying power to it Jay adjusted levels for the decks. The way we did this was by me playing a song and adjusting levels on the decks and Jay adjusting levels on the mixer. After we gained some levels for the decks I played 1 and a half hour set, however the set had to be cut off at the very end because it caused distractions for people taking exams. So I cut the music off and I helped Jay cut the power off and un-ring all the equipment and put it back in the trolley take it back to the music floor.

Next time I host another event in a group or pair I will need to make sure what I'm doing and I need to allow myself more than enough time to get everything in order because if I don't do any of these things then my event will not go well according to plan and the will be very likely to not happen. When organising events as an events management employee there is no room for error and it's important that everything runs like clockwork.

The images below show what me and Jay done on the day of the event.










No comments:

Post a Comment