Tuesday 16 June 2015

Marketing and Promotion

Marketing a product is an important thing to do before it's release. There are good ways of marketing a product and these techniques are:

  • Using social networking sites such as facebook, twitter and instagram.
  • Using soundcloud and youtube to upload previews of of the songs that will be on the E.P or album/mixtape
  • Launches that will help promote the music product pore even after it's release
  • Sending the music to radio stations and getting airplay

These techniques are useful and crucial ways of making sure people know about your music product and will help showcase your talent. A music product without promotion will not help your product get much recognition and not many people will know that you've released a great product to listen to. Marketing your product is the only way of exploiting your music to the public and yourself as an artist. So this is why it is important to exploit yourself as much as you can to ensure people know who you are and show them how talented you are. 

In order to make my music product successful I will need to consider the styles of music, the target audience, promotion and release date. The styles of music that are on my E.P are rnb, ambient and hip hop. My target audience will people aged 18 - 24 and I will promote my E.P by sharing previews of my songs on soundcloud and youtube and sharing my E.P's artwork to facebook, twitter and instagram. I will also need to think about the release date. The release date is a key thing in my E.P because I need to allow myself enough time to produce, record, mix and master the songs and get in touch with an artwork designer to make the artwork for my E.P and possibly make posters to hang up. This product will be a free digital download and no physical copies will be given.


I uploaded one of my E.P in April and so far it has received 64 plays, 1 favourite and 1 repost. In order to gain more plays and favourites I would need to post this song on facebook, twitter, youtube and post a picture of the song on instagram because these social media sites are used frequently on a daily basis and this is a good place for me to start promoting my E.P. By doing this people will know I have a music product in progress and they will be interested in downloading the fully finished product. Adding hashtags on mostly twitter and instagram is another good way of promoting a song from my E.P because hashtags is a benefit of more publicity more people will know more about me as an artist and what my goals are.


No comments:

Post a Comment